The focus of the Company’s CSR initiatives is on the all-round development of the communities. These initiatives have also aim to accord priority to activities pertaining to inclusive growth of the society. These projects were in accordance with the CSR Policy of the Company and Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013.
Company’s focus Areas/Activities
- Providing support to recognised School(s)/Educational Institutions which may include inter-alia modernization of labs, improving infrastructure, replacement of furniture & fixture, renovation of classrooms & toilets etc. Providing clean & safe drinking water by installing RO Systems.
- Provision of contribution or funds to technology incubators located within academic institutions which have been approved by the Central Government.
- Making of new Schools/Buildings and or modernizing or expanding the existing ones.
- Other initiatives for promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocational skills, especially among children, women, elderly, and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects.
- Medical facilities to the villagers by visit of expert doctors.
- Establishing dispensary / OPD centre .
- Supporting various medical initiatives aiming at reducing mortality rate of children.
- Conducting regular health checkups for children in schools of neighboring regions.
- Other initiatives for eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive health care and sanitation and making available safe drinking water.
- Support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- Undertake initiative to promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Tree plantation
- To create awareness of cleaner, greener environment and global warming issues at schools and also at villages from the surrounding region.
- Other initiatives for ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agro forestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water.
(d) Community Service
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centers and such other facilities for senior citizen and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups.
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents.
(e) Promotion of sports
Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, paralympic sports and Olympic sports
(f) Other initiatives
- Protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries; promotion and development of traditional arts and handicrafts.
- Contribution to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio- economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women.
- Rural development projects.
- Any other activity(ies) / requirement arising from time to time & covered under the Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 or as may be provided by the rules in this regard.